Following a suspected battle with depression, a 100 level student of Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (COOU) in Uli, Anambra State.
The deceased young man was identified by the lodge mates as Kenneth. According to source, the deceased set himself ablaze at the back of his host.
They narrated: “We saw smoke emanating from the back of the building and raised an alarm when we saw Kenneth being incinerated.
Prior to the incident, Kenneth had told his cousin that he wanted to give up the ghost the previous day allegedly due to stress or depression.
This morning, he borrowed N200 from the cousin to buy something, he locked himself up in the room.
It was later discovered that he used the money to buy petrol to commit the act.
He was rushed to Ihiala General Hospital where he was rejected due to the degree of his burn, and then rushed to a hospital in Nnewi where he was pronounced dead on arrival.